- Array of materials and sizes in stock
- Hard-to-find alloys in stock
- Rapid order fulfillment
- Exceptional quality, knowledge,
ABOUT OUR TEST KITS:
We offer the following test kits to provide you the materials and information you need to become a qualified welder in accordance with AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code-Steel. This performance qualification is a specifically devised test to determine a welder’s ability to produce sound welds.
Each kit contains: Welding instructions, positional drawing(s), mill test reports, welder qualification form, shipping form, plates, electrode, and backing for practice and test.
Test Plate Thickness & Qualification (Groove weld):
- 3/8″ test plate qualifies for 1/8″ to 3/4″ thickness, as well as fillet welds 1/8″ and greater on plate, pipe or tubing.
- 1″ test plate qualifies for 1/8″ to unlimited thickness, as well as fillet welds 1/8″ and greater on plate, pipe or tubing.
You can choose your test kit with or without backing:
- Qualifying with backing (E7018) qualifies welding with backing or back gouging only.
- Qualifying without backing (E6010 root, E7018 fill) qualifies welding with or without backing.
|Test Position(s) Groove Weld||Position(s) Qualified Groove Weld||Position(s) Qualified Fillet Weld|
|1G Flat||1G||1F & 2F|
|2G Horizontal||1G & 2G||1F & 2F|
|3G Vertical||1G, 2G, 3G||1F, 2F, 3F|
|4G Overhead||1G & 4G||1F, 2F, 4F|
|3G & 4G||All Positions||All Positions|